Prayer - Day 3
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we ask of Him.” 1 John 5:14-15 (NIV)
So, the big question this Scripture poses is, “How do we know what we ask is in God’s will?”
We know we are praying God’s will when what we pray lines up with His Word.
Using God’s Word as a guide to form your prayers will give you full confidence that God hears your prayers and is working in your favor. Adding Scripture to your prayers is extremely effective because the enemy cannot argue with God’s Word. Here are five reasons to do it more:
1. Praying Scripture places your focus squarely on our Heavenly Father and His promises rather than your circumstances.
2. Praying Scripture helps you know that you are proclaiming truth over your life and the lives of those you pray for.
3. Praying Scripture grows your trust in the Lord because when you speak what is in God’s written Word, He backs your prayers and petitions.
4. Praying Scripture grows your love for the Lord. As you learn to lay claim to His Word, you begin to love the Author of those words more and more.
5. Praying Scripture effectively evicts the enemy from your life and situations.
When we add the Word of God to our prayers, we draw boundaries in the spiritual war zones that the enemy dares not cross.
Friend, our prayers pack a bigger punch than we realize.
The Word of God is God’s written will, and it is double-edged sword. On one side we are praying the power and blessing of God’s Word over our children and loved ones. On the other, we are praying the fear of hell onto Satan and his wicked ones.
Claim your victory today.
Leave a Reply.
Meet the moms behind the TruthBytes app here.
The TruthBytes for Moms app is available in Google Play and the App Store. You can also subscribe to the devotionals via email below.