Prayer is essential in our daily walk with the Lord. I love that through the pages of Scripture we can see so many men and women pray to the Lord.
• David pours his heart out as prayers to the Lord in Psalms.
• Abraham prays faithfully for God to keep His promises.
• We witness Daniel fasting and praying often to the Lord.
• Paul prays for so many of the churches and writes to tell them they are in His prayers.
• Naomi prays and thanks God for Boaz and his kindness to Ruth and herself.
• Moses prays and pleads with the Lord to not send them to the Promised Land without the presence of God.
• Then we look at Jesus. Oh, how Jesus illustrates how necessary it is for us to take time away from others and pray to the Lord. Jesus is the perfect example of how and when to pray.
If Jesus needed to take so much time to pray to the Lord, then how much more do we need to pray? I would dare say much more. Not out of condemnation, but out of our deep need for Him in our lives. I love that prayer goes both ways. I love to hear the Holy Spirit talk back to me. It is worth the sacrifice of time because in the end, it's not really a sacrifice at all. It is our greatest blessing.
Let us pray together, dear mommas,
“Father God, we thank you for your vast and deep love for us. You never relent, and you never give up on us, even when we do ourselves. Thank you for your forgiveness that washes our sins away as far as the East is from the West. Give us the strength to forgive others as you have forgiven us. Father, give us a heart like David’s that pours out our hurt, pain, agony, and praise to You. Give us a yearning to spend time with you daily. Convict us when we have sinned so we may remain close to you always. Be with our children and give them hearts that seek you at all ages and stages of their lives. Let them know the depths of your love and grace. We love you, Lord. We ask for all these requests in Jesus’ precious and mighty name. Amen.”
Meet the moms behind the TruthBytes app here.
The TruthBytes for Moms app is available in Google Play and the App Store. You can also subscribe to the devotionals via email below.