I am a strong believer in celebrating. In fact, I believe that celebration should be a way in life. We have so much to be thankful for, so much to celebrate in "ordinary" life. The little moments that we are always talking about aren't so little. They are huge and sparkly and beautiful. And hey, why not add just a little more glitter?
I like to think of my day as a canvas with glue streaked across it, just waiting for some glitter to be thrown on it to finish off the effect. Cuz...why not?
So, I thought I would share some of my favorite ways to throw some glitter into a day. They range from simple to somewhat more involved, but each one is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a sparkle in your eyes.
1. Sprinkles: Sprinkles never go out of style. Sprinkles always bring a smile. And you can put sprinkles on anything. They look good on cake, cookies and cupcakes. You can add a dollop of whipped topping to your coffee and add sprinkles. You can add them to cookies and biscotti - it doesn't matter where, they just scream "celebrate!!!"
2. Flowers: Whether you buy them, grow them in your house or keep some in your garden just for cutting, flowers are just one of the best house brighteners. I can hardly ever look a flower in the face and not just smile. They definitely glitter up a day.
3. Whipped Topping: You know those people that always have these awesome pictures on facebook and Instagram? The ones that always have perfect looking drinks, piled high in whipped topping and drizzled in chocolate? You can be one of those too - just purpose to always have whipped topping in your fridge. You can stockpile it in the freezer, so it's not too hard to at least almost always have some. :)
4. Dance: If your day feels like no glitter would even stick just crank up your kid's favorite song, pick them up and twirl around the kitchen. I can pretty much promise you that this glitter sticks better than most, because you will be able to see it sparkle from your little one's eyes.
5. Cookies in the Freezer: Wouldn't it be awesome if you could celebrate every little victory moment with a cookie and a yummy drink? Like when your husband comes in and says he had the best week at work, to date. And you smile, give him a kiss and pull the cookies out, brew a cup of coffee and sit down and celebrate together. Or when your child folds all of the wash cloths for the first time, you pull out the cookies, mix up 2 cups of chocolate milk and celebrate that little milestone. That is a glitter moment.
6. Send a Card: Nothing adds a sparkle to a person's heart like doing something for somebody else. And you get the bonus of glittering up somebody else's day at the same time! Just send someone a cute little note. Have fun writing their address with a colored pen or adding some other little creative touch. It's pure glitter.
7. Washi Tape: Because...why not? Washi tape is so pretty, so bright and sometimes even sparkly. And it makes everything around it so pretty. Tape a list to the inside of your cupboard with it, add it to your friend's card. Just search Pinterest and you will have enough ideas to keep you busy for a year.
8. Fancy Ice Cube Trays: I picked up some darling little silicone butterfly ice cube trays a while ago and they are so much fun! It's a perfect way to add a little sparkle to a regular lunch. You can even color the water and have beautiful colored ice cubes in your water. Your kids will love it!
9. Invite a friend over for coffee: This is another double scoring one. Glitter for you and for your friend. And this is where the sprinkles, whipped topping and freezer cookies all come into play. Go all out and make your coffee break beautiful! You will be so glad you did.
10. Chocolate: What happiness giving, sparkle adding list would be complete without chocolate? A friend just gave me a beautiful bag of milk chocolate Lindor truffles. Right now they brighten up my whole day by just sitting on the counter where I can see them. ;) Whether it's chocolate chips you keep in the freezer or fancy chocolate you hide for special occasions, no house should be without it! Because chocolate brings a sparkle wherever it goes!
So there you go! My top 10 favorite ways to add glitter to my day. What are some of your favorite glitter moments?
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! ~Psalm 118:24
If you like this post you may like these:
10/26/2015 06:36:56 am
I love these ideas for adding sparkle to your day!
Stefani | Walls of Home
10/29/2015 06:38:24 am
Wow, Jennifer, that is a wonderful habit! What an inspiration to me. :) I might have to start that too!
Love this list!! Washi tape and sprinkles - I can hear my daughter (who lives life with sparkles) saying "See - told you so mum!!" LOL. It takes a conscious effort - with a helpful list like this - to change from seeing our days as mundane to celebrating and enjoying life.
10/28/2015 04:51:07 am
Wow, Stefani, I LOVED this post! What a fun way to add sparkle all throughout your day. I'm also a big believer in celebrating the little things in everyday life and will definitely try some of these. The cookies in the freezer sounds like the perfect place to start! By the way, looking at the sky (especially beautiful sunsets) always adds sparkle to my day. Keep sparkling, my friend!
10/28/2015 08:57:07 pm
Girl, you keep talking about coffee and chocolate and I'll be knocking on your door bright and early tomorrow! This was such a fun post, I loved the whipped topping idea and the frozen cookies! I'll bet you are a fun friend to have for a neighbor. ;)
Stefani | Walls of Home
10/29/2015 06:37:02 am
I would love that, Ruthie! :) I'll have the coffee and chocolate ready and waiting on a silver platter. ;)
Leave a Reply.
I am on a journey to know Jesus better, and be the wife, mommy and friend that God created me to be, all within the walls of my own little home. <3